Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

It was a snow day today, as I am sure it was for many of you, and after being away for the weekend, there wasn't a lot left in my kitchen to make for dinner. Then I spotted the frozen container of leftover pesto from last week. Score! This is exactly what that pesto was waiting for, a cold night where a big plate of pasta totally hit the spot. I found the pesto much mellower after it had time to meld.

I'm definitely getting antsy to try something new again. While eating dinner I had on an old episode of 30 Minute Meals and
Rachael Ray was making a really simple buffalo chicken pizza that I want to try soon. I've noticed that they sell pizza dough for very cheap at Trader Joe's, but I've never attempted rolling out my own pizza. I also read an article on The Kitchn about savory bread puddings, and picked out a recipe that had butternut squash and Parmesan. That sounds utterly decadent. Got any other ideas? Comments welcomed!

1 comment:

  1. I am now a fanatic about making a big pot of soup on Sunday, reserving some for one or two lunches during the week and freezing the rest for another dinner/lunch combo down the road. Not that I'm the first to think of that, but better late than never. I'm On a more frivolous note, on my snow day yesterday I watched Ina Garten prepare roasted berries over homemade merinigues. That is going to be my next dessert project - probably when you and Betsy come home for a visit in May!

    ReplyDelete