Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm behind a night so we'll hit two dinners in a row. Last night was stir-fry with my favorite TJ's General Tso sauce, chicken, and veggies. Most nights I make stir-fry with rice but I decided to toss in some spaghetti instead and do some lo mein fake out. It was a big and yummy, just what I wanted at the end of a work day. I will admit I'm lagging behind on trying some new actual recipes, mostly because I was away last weekend and still haven't gone to the grocery store. I've been living off the scraps! But I intend to follow my usual plan and pick a recipe before I finally hit the store this weekend. Hmmm...what am I in the mood to try?

Tonight I have the apartment to myself and the wild card round of American Idol (plus The Office and 30 Rock), plus I'm out of lunches to bring to work. It was the perfect night for Indian takeout - it's always huge and I can get two sizable meals out of it for much less than buying two separate things. My sister recommended a place called Gourmet Curry House in Coolidge Corner, which is plenty good for the price and ease of getting it. She's quite the Indian food connoisseur so I trusted her judgement. I had a combo meal of rice, chicken vindaloo (which I will admit wasn't nearly spicy enough), saag paneer, and a vegetable samosa. It was exactly what I wanted. Now they better not put crazy Tatiana in the Top 12...

No comments:

Post a Comment