Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Mmmm...spicey and ricey!

Last night I took my visiting dad to this great Asian restaurant in Inman Square, Spice and Rice. I will definitely be returning! It was an adorable space, very mod and retro, with silver and bright colors and shapes. They have everything you could need - a full Thai menu, a sushi bar, and also a few Korean dishes. I had mango curry that was some of the best curry I have had in quite a while. Just the right amount of spice and a lot of vegetables, not just the usual mushed up onions and carrots. It was so good I ate it all and didn't have enough to take home for lunch the next day!

Tonight I went to the gym for the first time after work and was starving by time I got home. All the way there I was thinking, what can I make that will be filling enough but fast. And lo and behind, when I walked in the door, my lovely roommate had made a huge pot of pasta tossed with some Italian chicken sausage we'd just picked out at Trader Joe's. It was just what I wanted on a rainy crappy day. Later on, in the midst of the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars, I realized I had planned on having mostly leftovers for lunch this week so I tossed together a quick dish to take to work tomorrow. I made a quick garlic oil by starting a couple crushed garlic cloves in a cold pan with some olive oil and some red pepper flakes for spice. I let the garlic brown up (make sure it does burn!), discarded it, and then sauteed about a cup of frozen broccoli spears with some salt and pepper. Meanwhile I cooked up the remnants of some penne pasta, and tossed it all together. Once it cooled I added a handful of feta cheese crumbles and there's lunch.


http://www.spice-rice.com/

1 comment: