Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Simple

Sometimes the simplest meals can be so wonderful. I had a week full of heavy eating so at the store last weekend I tried to pick out the healthiest things I could. Two of those items were another bag of brussel sprouts and some sweet potatoes. Tonight I roasted a handful of sprouts (just like before, high heat with olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 15 minutes) and I baked a sweet potato in the microwave. It was a medium-sized potato and 3 minutes in the microwave was almost all it needed. After that I put it on the cookie sheet with the brussel sprouts for the last 5 minutes so that the skin would crisp up a bit. I cut open the sweet potato and brushed on a little butter and just a smidgen of maple syrup. It was so good...a little hint of Thanksgiving in April! Plus it was such a healthy dinner - lots of vitamins and virtually no fat. Now I can have a piece of cheesecake later....

No comments:

Post a Comment