Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fake Pad Thai

Sorry I have been off for a bit - I had a busy weekend and people at my house, so there was little chance to cook. I did, however, throw a very nice little Marathon Monday breakfast with some bagels, coffee, and mimosas!

Tonight was rainy and humid, and it just made me tired and hungry. I haven't been shopping yet this week, so it was a night to make do with what you have. My plan was to make fake pad thai - basically noodles and whatever I could find tossed with some peanut satay sauce I have from TJ's. I made some spaghetti, and while the water boiled, I browned some pieces of my new constant protein, tofu, with a mess of garlic. I took that out and did a really quick scramble of the last egg we had, a perfect use for it. When the pasta was done, I mixed it with the tofu, garlic, egg, and about two tablespoons of satay sauce. I tasted it, but it was bland. I am not as big of a fan of this satay than I have been of other TJ's bottled sauces. It needed salt, so I threw in some soy sauce and then a heavy layer of crushed red pepper flakes. The result was fine. It was certainly good enough for 25 minutes on a weeknight, and I unexpectedly made enough for lunch tomorrow. Not exciting, just dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment