Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Now to Try This Working...

I started my new job yesterday, so I don't have much interesting to report on the dinner front. On my first night I made myself a very basic meal of a turkey burger, cooked on my grill pan and topped with some Gouda cheese I had left over. I toasted a wheat bun and sliced up some onion for a quite tasty little burger. On the side just some frozen corn from Trader Joe's. I really like the frozen vegetables from Trader Joe's better than the usual Green Giant or whatnot. The vegetables are always really large and fresh tasting, and they have this particular kind of sweet corn that is ten times better than others I have tried. It stays really crisp - I hate it when its soggy or mushy.

It was nice to take a shot at cooking dinner after working all day and commuting home. As strange as it might sound, I have never had a job where I could just leave at 5pm. This concept is so foreign to me I had to ask my co-workers if that's really what they did. Even with the bus and T ride home during rush hour, I was sitting on my couch by 6pm. I think this bodes well.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a tasty, simple recipe I tried last night - sausage and peppers. The tomato paste and balsamic vinegar give it a nice extra zing. I definitely recommend taking the time to buy a fresh, crusty roll, and toasting it. A soft, think, mushy roll would detract from the flavor and texture (and we Top Chef fans know how important texture is).
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/sausage-and-peppers-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete