Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cafe Brazil

I have a strange crazy love of fried plantains. I don't know where it started but they serve them in Brazilian restaurants and therefore, I love Brazilian food. My dad was visiting yesterday and we wanted to go somewhere good to also have an early birthday celebration for my sister. We chose Cafe Brazil, a small hole in the wall in Allston. You would never expect to find such quality in this little place next to a used car lot but it was delicious!

We started with a plate of grilled linguica, a spicy sausage, and a sampling of empanadas, each with a different meat filling inside. They put this hot sauce on the table, and warned us before we attempted it that it was very spicy. They certainly weren't lying - the flavor was intense but only a small dab had a considerable kick! I love spice though so I wasn't afraid. I ordered the Minas Especial - a still sizzling loudly plate of grilled marinated chicken with onions and those plantains I love so dearly. It also came with rice and vegetables. The chicken was so tender and flavorful with garlic and lemon. I had a taste of everyone else's meals, and everything was so good. My sister ordered Sabor Do Brazil, which was just a gigantic plate various grilled meats. It was so much food! They also have a good selection of inexpensive wines and fresh squeezed juices.

http://www.cafebrazilrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment