Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cheeseburger Update and Pics, Plus More...

I made the last 3 burgers for Ken and myself today for lunch. They were even better the next day. The spice had definitely incorporated into the meat more. Ken loved them as much as I did, which I always so appreciate. We agreed that these burgers are actually one of the better things I have ever experimented with. This recipe definitely goes into my daily repertoire. The ingredients are so inexpensive, and I also identified a few things I could do next time to make them even better. I think a crustier roll would add something, and I should try the muenster cheese the recipe asks for - it is in there for a reason. The jack was mild and I think I would enjoy a stronger cheese. This sounds like a great summer barbecue!

Oh delicious, juicy burger...

Tonight I made a great spur-of-the-moment pasta when Ken and I both sort of craved it. I had a can of diced tomatoes that needed to be used, and I'd just stocked up on onions and basil. While the spaghetti cooked, I sauteed some diced shallots I'd bought for another recipe that I didn't have plans to make anymore with some garlic. Then, I added the whole can of diced tomatoes, a hefty dose of salt and pepper, and some torn basil. I let it simmer while the pasta finished up and it turned out great. The pasta was fresh and light, perfect for a late spring night with the windows open. And I wondrously discovered, at the end of the night, I'd packed up two whole extra meals for the week - pasta with my tomato sauce for lunch tomorrow at work, and then the last pork cheeseburger and the other half of the pinto beans I'd had with it on Saturday. That's a great accomplishment for the weekend! Ken made out like a bandit - two homecooked meals in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment