Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and More

First, Thanksgiving. It was amazing. Perfectly roasted turkey, my grandma's stuffing, Brussels sprouts with bacon and figs, sweet corn pudding, glazed onions, and homemade gravy. Plus berry crisp and pumpkin pie for dessert. Not to mention wonderful company. There were too many pictures to post here, so this is a link to my photo album on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39930838@N06/sets/72157622791866185/

I made sure to take home some leftovers too. I must have at least one turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving. I made some turkey salad on Sunday before football, which I had in a sandwich on wheat toast. I used some diced extra celery from the stuffing and some red onion, then just mayo and a dash of mustard.

For dinner last night, I made another smaller batch of the dish I'd made Thursday - Brussels with bacon and figs. I overbought on sprouts and hadn't needed the entire packages of either bacon or the dried figs. It is utterly delicious and very rich. Bacon, figs, balsamic? Yes, please! I also had one large piece of turkey breast left over, so I decided to make a turkey and bacon melt! I melted swiss cheese over the turkey on a soft roll, then topped it with a couple pieces of bacon. How bad can that be?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice comments - but you forgot the sweet potatoes! And you are right, absolutely great company.

    ReplyDelete