Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apple Crisp in Photos

Apple crisp is the perfect thing to make when you need to use up a lot of apples...and a lot of apples I have. This apple crisp off AllRecipes.com was excellent. It's not quite as gooey as some crisps can be, which I liked. It was heavy on what you really want in an apple crisp - the crisp part! The sugar-oats-flour-butter mixture gets layered on the bottom and top of the sliced apples. The only change I made was to add about a cup of water. This recipe uses virtually no liquid, just melted butter in the topping, and most of the way through cooking I thought it looked too dry. A little water was all it needed to melt together a bit. On a day where it actually snowed (yes, in October) it was the perfect end to a cold night.


Apple crisp, straight out of the oven.



Look at that crispy goodness.



It was so yummy! It didn't even need vanilla ice cream (though I would have loved to have it, there was just no way I was going out in the snow!).


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I love that the crisp part was on the bottom and top. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete